30 December, 2012

ULTRASTEROID

Photobucket
Photobucket

Based on the popular Japanese super alien being, Ultraman, I've illustrated a super being on steroid. It's either you go big, or go home. From the initial illustration in my sketchbook, I recreate the Ultrasteroid character into a three dimensional physical character (except it's not as big as in the illustration I've done, he's just 6" tall). All buffed up using epoxy putty and now standing infront of my studio, protecting any alien invasions.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some work in progress shots while taking a break at the studio. The first base sculpture, covering up the unwanted grooves and holes.
Photobucket
Photobucket

First coat of paint. Getting the stripes and colour way of the legendary characters,
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Decals are added for details (a condition I can't seem to move away from).
Photobucket